R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan
Old 06-14-2013, 06:35 PM
igyrigged
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HPIFreak
hey i dont mean any disrespect to the people who built the track, i just didnt know if it was 100% finished yet or not. and i dont really consider a chicane technical, nor do i count a landing as a jump. from what i can see its a table top, single, double and 3 rollers? thats not bad, but what i ment by technical is maybe like a small double to coast over right after the table, maybe some small wagon wheel rollers in one of the turns, and since space is tight you could even make one of those vertical wall turns on a 180. dont get me wrong, im not bashing the track, i just see a lot of potential in that little space. ive designed a few tracks so when the creative juices start flowing, i start getting all kinds of ideas lol.
I would love to build a track for me, but the fact is no one except me could drive on it, and it is not fun racing yourself, or having the track close from not being used. No bowl turns because people fly off the track and they use a lot of dirt for no reason. It is easy to get through a flat section, but to do it fast takes more skill than hopping over a tabletop. I already said why there are no little obstacles, as they blow out fast with the sandy clay. So basically the potential you see is for a track that will close in 3 months when it is blown out and people are tired of not being able to make all the obstacles. A jump is a jump no matter if you land on it or take off from it. It takes the same amount of time and effort to make with a shovel and a couple of people.

A bobcat and unlimited dirt and it's a different track, but we live in Okinowhere last time I checked.