R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 PM
Geezatec
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rramjet
OK I've searched this thread and can't find anything describing my issue. I put an RS in my Tamiya Mini,, (brushed Silver Can motor) I know, overkill, but I wasn't using it anywhere else and it's not as bulky or heavy as the stock one. It's wired for Fwd and Brake only. I can't get it to calibrate to my DX3R. When it powers up the last 3 leds are blinking, (signal too high I think). When I push the Mode button for 3 seconds led #1 blinks for a while, no chime and then it looks like it reboots, (1st middle and end leds flash), then the last three start blinking again. Tried different receivers, switchng to the Steering port, reversing the throttle, playing with throttle EPA all without sucess. The only way I can get it to work is to power it up and move the throttle till there are no leds. It seems to reboot then it will run. I have set EPA at 150 to get full thottle. Also have to crank in about -32 throttle trim to keep it from running on it's own. Goes like hell.

I use my DX3R with S3100 receivers on three other cars, (all brushless), including one with a Tekin Pro without problems.

Now that I know how to get it started I guess I can live with it but really curious to know what might be going on.

Thanks
last 3 leds are blinking, Calibration of TX and RX is off. Redo the calibration.