R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Derry
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Warning, long post ahead with 2 main questions

I'm giving the Ryan Dunford setup ( http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...ford-02_12.pdf ) a try, but to me it feels like the shocks are way too soft, especially the rear since he's using a 4 piston with bigger holes there (and 27.5wt oil is already quite thin inmho)... For a high traction track, to me it feels like the car has too much body roll, not enough pack and the rear breaks loose.

Maybe a stupid question, but
[1]does anyone know a tuning guide "in reverse" - so instead of "camber : front camber increase results in blah" more like "Suddenly losing rear traction / rear breaks loose : try less anti-squat or blahblahblah"

Right now I have a lot of off power steering and the rear breaks loose, and not so much on power steering.
I have tons of tuning guides (elvo, hudy, petitrc, losi's SCTE 2.0 etc.) but there's so much info it's hard to filter out what exactly I could try to fix my current problems.

Also, maybe another stupid question :
after running my car for a while and taking it off the track, I found my motor (Hobbywing 3656SD 4-pole sensored) was running hot - as in, I could touch it for maybe 2 - 3 seconds but then it was too hot.
This is 1 or 2 seconds short of the "4 seconds test" people mention on the interwebtubes. I'm running 15t pinion on 39t mip spur so I don't think I'm geared too high.
[2]Is this temperature normal / acceptable, or should I be looking at my soldering connections or anything else ? (I do believe nothing is binding in my drivetrain)
Do u have the 4000 or the 4700? I have the 4000 with a 15 pinion and my motor barely gets warm after 10min. I would inspect all drive train bearings and maybe look at your speedo punch settings. Lower punch = lower temp. I would also look at taking the motor apart and blowing it out with canned air and cleaning/inspecting/lubing the motor bearings.