R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best 1/12th kit for Asphalt
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM
pierre johnson
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default team corally driver race performance update

This was a rigorous testing over 3 month period of intense asphalt racing on a parking lot surface to test its race performance under those track conditons and the car was superb, I was amazed at the cars cornering speed and the cars ability to stay planted on a rough surface. I dedicated most of my time with the front end and the first move was to use .20 front springs that give the car plenty of cornering speed with quick response that is needed on tight tracks..I then had to decide on the front end and after several options, I chose the crc gen xl frontend which works beautifully with the cars overall performance but would work just as well with the associated frontend that it cones with it comes down to prefrence and driving style. ..then I concentrated on the damping tubes which are awesome and noticed the car easier to drive with the softer oil so I chose a 35 weight oil which gave the car enormous amount grip without making the pushy or sluggish which is very noticeable when you stiffen the side damping tubes to much ..the next move was the mono shock and with the spring rate and shocking positioning a issue, I kept the stock setting on shock position and opted to used a silver spring and a 35 oil for more steering response and the car was able to steer with more aggression without over steering. ..now the most important part of the tuning is tires and with various options to choose from it can be confusing but the hard work has been done for you all is needed is for you to apply this set up and your car will perform well on any asphalt surface..the corally pink fronts / purple fronts with a tire diameter of 43' and corally rear golds 45' will plant your car which means faster lap times..I must add the ride height I opt to stay 3.5 front 4.0 rear you want the car as low as possible without compromising the chassis bottoming out with this set up you will perform well at any track ..good luck