R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DEST210R thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM
socal23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigrigger
I might try these. I will say the new design, just from the pics I've seen, looks like the problem is pretty much solved. Also, I took an old aluminum chassis from my dex and cut the rear off to make a home made skid plate and found the extra material under the chassis caused the truck to bottom out a little earlier. And even with the front ground down on a sharp angle it would hang up on dirt a bit. I should add this was a temporary solution to allow me to run the following weekend after the chassis broke at the rear and I didn't make a skid plate for the front which proved to be my undoing the next outing as the front part of the chassis snapped.
It was a quick fix for me as well. I figured if it broke once it was a fluke. But after some research it was just a bad design. They worked for me. I'm going to switch to mid motor so the rear plate should help with traction. Can't get weight much lower then that lol. I ran practice last Sunday with them and by using both and not just the back it evend out the added weight. I diddent notice and duffrence in performance. I run 17.5 blinky and actually put faster laps down with them. But that could have been from the extra confidence that I got from not worrying about stripping a RF block from the chassis flexing lol