R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 06-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Bcholka
Hi Paul-Brian from TS,
Quick question about the XB4--do you set yours up on a station??
I understand the importance of a station for on-road but many times I hear people saying it doesn't matter as much for off-road. If you do use a station for the XB I assume its the Hudy 108905??
Thanks!
Hi Brian, I do use set up gauges on my car but i modified my touring car ones to work. Im not going to say that it is necessary at all but they are nice.
yup the 108905 is the system and i think you might need the 108928 shim as well for the rear axle's

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I see the pictures from ETS and Worlds and its hard to tell what fans top guys are running on their motors. I know the rule in some parts of the world allows 40 mm fans, and for us under ROAR its 30 mm max. Do you have any suggestions? I'm working to make sure I keep my Reedy 4.0/5.0 and HW 3.1 cool for our last 2 series races later this year.
The best fans that i have found are the Superior hobbies one's, the R1 wurks ones and the Gravity RC fan. i feel that the performance of all three are virtually the same, R1 and Gravity are almost the exact same. At Reedy, Marc, Victor and Christopher all went home with one of those three fans and seemed impressed by the flow of them all. I would definitely suggest getting one of those three if you don't already have.

thanks