R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F103 Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:39 PM
ShadowAu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fresnojay
Shadow,
1. I will get one this week and solve the issue. Would switching to a 3 hole on the alloy help to?
I've been racing for nearly 20 years and I am still trying to understand the whole shock piston/pack thing applied to F1 cars. My initial feeling is that it might but I suggest trying it for yourself.

2. I do not have Ride fronts but I do have a brand new set of Pit rears that I just finished gluing. I do plan on getting some ride fronts as soon as they come back in stock at TQ RC.
General consensus amongst people I know is that the Pit Combo is a bit faster, but also better generally when its cooler. There are quite a few racers here using the Pit Shimizu Fronts with Ride rears to get more steering, but now its cooler they are switching back to Pit's all round.

4. I measure ride height between the rear wheels and as close to center of the front as possible.
Ok... if you are measuring the ride height between the rear wheels you are only measuring the motor pod height and that is set by the ride height inserts that go in the sides with the bearing in them. This shouldn't change unless you change the inserts!

You need to be measuring the ride height at the front of the chassis and also at the rear of the chassis before the motor pod.

I neglected to mention my friction plates are dry. I was told to try putting some grease on them by a driver locally in hopes it would settle what he called a nervous rear end. Does this sound like good advice?

Jason
Yes its good advice... the friction plates control the roll etc and will definitely calm it down with some grease on there... look for proper friction grease if you can. Tamiya makes a soft, medium and hard. If there are 1/12 guys around where you race they might be able to help with alternates