R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
weavty1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
The kit setup was designed specifically to be about 10% more stable than the Evans Reedy setup. All of you sheep just put the Reedy race setup on your cars from the get go because you here how great it is. Guess what? Unless you can turn all your laps within .5 seconds of each other, and you can run a full battery, at race pace without crashing, it doesn't matter. What good is a setup that is a couple tenths faster if you are leaving 30 seconds of crashes on the track?

For the majority of the people on this site, you are right. That said, there are some of us that have been doing this a long time, and are actually good enough at this to take advantage of the features of the higher end products.

As for the batteries, it comes down to things other than performance. If a product from hobby king lets out the magic smoke, you're pretty much out the money. If something happens to a product from someone like SMC or Tekin, at least you can get it fixed/replaced for way less than new. It also comes down to the ability to communicate with the guys that work for the companies. Does turnigy have a representative that posts on here regularly?

One last thing, how old are you?
I've been in the hobby for going on 18 years now. Age is irrelevant. And btw, I run Tekin ESC's and motors, and am personal friends with the Campbell family. So I'm well aware of how they stand behind their products, both on here, and elsewhere throughout the hobby. VERY stand-up group of individuals there at Tekin