R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Carranza76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
The kit setup was designed specifically to be about 10% more stable than the Evans Reedy setup. All of you sheep just put the Reedy race setup on your cars from the get go because you here how great it is. Guess what? Unless you can turn all your laps within .5 seconds of each other, and you can run a full battery, at race pace without crashing, it doesn't matter. What good is a setup that is a couple tenths faster if you are leaving 30 seconds of crashes on the track?

For the majority of the people on this site, you are right. That said, there are some of us that have been doing this a long time, and are actually good enough at this to take advantage of the features of the higher end products.

As for the batteries, it comes down to things other than performance. If a product from hobby king lets out the magic smoke, you're pretty much out the money. If something happens to a product from someone like SMC or Tekin, at least you can get it fixed/replaced for way less than new. It also comes down to the ability to communicate with the guys that work for the companies. Does turnigy have a representative that posts on here regularly?

One last thing, how old are you?

For the price of a new battery from a lower end company vrs the price to replace I would most likely come out even in that dept. so your point in not valid.

His age doesn't matter cause the points he is making actually work out to be positive.
I have run high and low end batteries and being able to tell the difference usually takes a 7 to 8 min run. Most mains and qualifiers I run are usually 5 to 6 mins.

Whether you crash or not doesn't mean you have to buy expensive batteries.

Features? Seriously? this is a battery not an ESC or Servo. Sure there are some batteries that would not live up to the standards of "Pro" racers but even those guys could make them perform and do well running them. They get them for free so they dont have to worry about cost.