R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 AM
tobamiester
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
My guess is it is an ususall break due to ???????

Yes get the King Head part and then replace the upper mount. I would take apart the full car and check for other wear items. I have broken very few parts on the car, that did not fail due to making a change and not looking at how it affected all items.

There was a company making the rear upper mount, so that heat does not affect it. I have one car with one and another with out, and have not had issues, but I know what I have to look for, and the correct exhaust header.

I may try an make a run of these and doing the front at the same time would make some sense. But it is probably not going to happen this year unless there is a lot of demand for it. But when I do this I was looking at doing 6 holes and changing the holders to rectangles. Think Top, Middle, Bottom and in and out. Would add middle in and up and down out to the current triangle options.
Thanks again for the info.

Yeah I have the FR upper Alum holder (I believe its Max Velocity) and curved header on an Ofna 086 so have that area covered (have a good 10+mm gap).

When I raced yesterday we had 4 heats of GT, the class is massive. almost all Serpents and Kyosho. Not really one for jumping on any band wagon (Not to mention spending $500 on a chassis thats supposed to be a lower cost/fun class) and I like the car (dm-1) with the front standup shocks, standup servos etc.
Plenty of work to do on setup. Saw alot of cars break so I know any car can break.