R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - E-Maxx/T-Maxx Parts & Spares Q&A
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 04:05 PM
FALCON-LORD
Tech Adept

Default E-Maxx/T-Maxx Parts & Spares Q&A

I still have so many questions about my max (Though getting it in my hands has definately made more sence of it)

I also have learnt a lot about the pro's and con's of diferent spare parts.

So I thought it would be worth getting a Thread together for people to share there questions and Discoveries.

No My Truck is so Hopped up it is no longer a Maxx lists, just info about what you have learnt about each of the parts.

Try also to keep the info to First Hand proofs, not second or third hand hearsay.

To start...

Bash Plates.
I have a full set of Duratrax Front Rear and Center Bashplates.
The Center plate has nice tabs that slide under the front and rear plates.
This is both good and bad. On the good side this obviosly means things can't penetrate along the line where the plates meet. On the down side, it means you can not fit the center plate without removing the front And/or rear plates. It also means the tension on all the plates as they are screwed into place is farely high, and a lot of push and shove is necisary to get all of the mount holes to line up on the chassi.

I highly recomend a full center plate of some sort, as mine has taken some big hits which I would rather take on a bash plate than on the drive shaft and/or Chassi Braces.Bash Plates. Bash Plates.