R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec 1/8 Pan Car .21 no frill's racing
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 AM
bassman2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just to share some of my thoughts with you all regarding Pan/GT combined class in the Midwest. On the surface it is a good idea to combine both class into one. However, in actuality it will hurt the growth of the GT class. First of, under the capable hands the pan cars actually are about 1 second faster than the GT cars (so if the fastest pan car happens to finish every Midwest Series race then the best results for GTs can only be 2nd place overall in the series. Also based on the pan car body style it can simply "scoop" the GT cars off line during hardcore racing to give pan cars an unfair advantage (that happened several times to my GT car at the Portage race over the weekend and broke my car during the race and I ended up 4th place). So while I totally understand the reason behind combining both classes into one, however at the same time the current practice might actually discourage GT drivers to participate future events in the Midwest region in the long run.

And I just want to add that I have total repect towards the 1/8 Pan car it is a great class on its own (and I would love to see it take off as well) just not a good idea to combine two completely different classes into one and sharing the same results since they are completely different in size, weight and class.

The feedback from the last Portage, IN race was provided to the Midwest Series organizer and he respects all comments from the GT racers and necessary changes will be made as result (Thank you Dennis, you are AWESOME).