R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lrp s8 rebel tx - any good?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 PM
wombat
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If the quality and finish is anything like the LRP S8 BX team edition buggy I just finished, you won't be disappointed. LRP use decent plastics/resins and alloys, and are built tough with the quality up there with any of the other more 'raced/popular' brands on the market ( the 'kit' version anyway - but I can't see the rtr versions being any much different quality wise to comparable rtr offerings by other companies).

LRP buggies and truggies are manufactured by Z-CAR (SH Engines) in taiwan to LRP's specifications and QC - the z-car and LRP 1/8 vehicles (model for model) are identical. The LRP rtr engines are decent, not sure about the servo quality though, the rtr radio gear is reasonable.

Only downside is that genuine LRP replacement parts for the 1/8 buggies/truggies are on the expensive side of the scale (almost comparable with Kyosho pricing or even more in some cases!). If you ever need to replace any parts, source z-car replacement parts (i think the z-car truggy equivalent is the zmxt-8), way cheaper and exactly the same quality/part - you're just not paying for the LRP 'Blue IS Better' name or an LRP etched logo.

Hope this helps.