R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 09:17 AM
csilve
Tech Adept

Default shock caps

Originally posted by billtc3
hi everybody! i just bought a pro 4 and i have a couple of questions.

--- i can't seem to adjust the diff so that it performs properly. i fully tightened the screw and then went back 1 turn loose but the diff is still not smooth. i ran a couple of batteries, thinking that it'll probably set in, but that didn't solve the problem. it feels like the diff rings touch the gear, as if the gear was thicker than the diff balls. i know this is not the case, cause the gear is free even when the diff is fully tightened. maybe the spring is too hard. so, if 1 turn loose is not enough should i go to 1.5 or 2 turns? this doesn't sound normal! how do you adjust your diffs? i used to unscrew my tc3 diffs 1 turn back from fully locked and they ran very smoothly, loose but not slipping. how can i achieve the same with the pro4?

-- the pro4 aluminum shocks are beautifull, but i have a problem with the shock cups. why do they have a small hole? is it for bleeding the shock? two of them i can screw on the shock body until they compress the bladder and lock the plastic ball cup you mount on the shock tower. the other two though, i can't tighten enough to lock the ball cup. first, i thought that the bladders were not thick enough and that the shock cup would screw all the way on the body, without touching the bladder. wrong, after disassemply i noticed that the bladders are similar but two of the cups had fewer grooves on the inside than the other two. the grooves hardly reach the (bleeding?) hole on the cup. are they defective? which ones are deffective, the fewer or the more grooves?

i hope the above make sense. any help would be appreciated!
Good luck with the shock caps, it took almost 3 months and 3 phone calls to HPI to get the 1 cap that I needed.