R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 AM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Of the VTA-legal ESCs, I've only used the Hobbywing Justock. I really like it and the programmer makes changes a breeze. My only complaint is with the braking. The braking force/smoothness is fine. However, I've been running it in FWD/BRAKE/REV mode and it's too "picky" and if I need to apply the brakes twice entering a corner (such as while negotiating traffic), it would sometimes brown out on me. Then there's a slight delay before the car moves again.

I suspect I could address this by playing with my neutral settings, but in the meantime I've disabled reverse. My USGT car runs FWD/BRAKE/REV and it's never had this issue. Other than that, the HW has been great. I was hesitant to buy what I thought as an "off brand" ESC, but I've been impressed with it.
I run fwd/brk only. I had an issue with weak brakes until the latest firmware revision. Be sure to run brake and reverse force at 100%. Even though it should not matter when running fwd/brk only there is some background relationship that will make the brakes stronger.