R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by esckalayd
Hey Paul,

I would like to say thanks for keeping up with a thread like this, it really helps out newer guys in the hobby, like myself, and im sure the experienced guys learn a lot from you as well. I had the great pleasure of racing with you at the 2012 on-road fuel nationals in the Finals for sedan. I am came to this thread to ask you what on the stock setup for a T4 (17.5) would you change, or is the car great right out of the box. I have not raced electric very much but i know i like the feel of the NT1 with some adjustments to springs, shock oils and diff oils. I read that some people are putting heavier shock oils and diff oils in but i wasn't sure where a good start was. I will mainly be running at Kissimmee when the new asphalt is laid down next month.

Thanks
Hi, No prob!. For the T4 this is my go to set up when the bite is med or high, the only thing that you might want to test would be 4deg caster instead of 6.
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=367&setup=t4

Im not really a believer in needing a different set up for mod and stock. so i would go with it. was your diff and shock oil question in regard to the T4 or the Nt1?

Thanks

Originally Posted by HBRC-LBD
Thank You Paul!

I was hoping you would have a LRP, What settings do you run?

I'm running a 5.5 with 1.4 firmware, can you recommend a base setup?

Thanks again

Kevin
Hi Kevin. for starters i would go with a 7.7 overall ratio, 20deg motor timing.
for starting speedo settings on a flow i would go with. 5,2,0,3,4,2,0. fan on speedo and motor. hopefully that gets you in the ball park.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie
Hey paul,

I'm about to drop a 4.5 in my car. What's a good base gearing for west coast and how much timing in the flow?
Hi. for a 4.5 i would start the gear at 8.3, 15-20 deg motor timing.
Flow settings 5,2,0,2,3,1,0. again fan on motor and speedo. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Dan
Hi Paul, would you be posting your Reedy setup for the T4? Didn't get a chance to talk to you with all the hustle and bustle at the race.
Yup, here it is. http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=408&setup=t4

You should have come by!

see ya

Originally Posted by Bcholka
My son and I got to meet Paul last night at Trackside Hobbies.
Wow--what a class act of a guy!! I'm sure a guy like this is being pulled in a million different directions and yet he's VERY approachable and willing to take whatever time to talk and visit.
Paul is a real credit to our hobby and we are very fortunate to have him!!
Was cool to meet you guys also. was also cool to see your boy really nose down on those landings. Thanks. Ill see ya soon!

Originally Posted by srp67
+1 on that
blush, lol