R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:54 PM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prodigy
Hey guys, my car has been really good for me but im struggling with something as of late. The track conditions I have been running lately would be medium to med-high grip if prepped right, and Im having an issue with corner exit with my rear end breaking loose. could be my fault and need to work on my throttle control, but I was wondering if anyone had any slight changes I can try without changing my setup tpo much. I just went from -1.5 to -2 degrees of camber in the rear to try and help. Would longer rear links help also? Thank you
Most of the time when this happens with my car it's because it's transitioning to the rear to quickly when I start to apply power, and causing too much body roll, or not "returning to center" quick enough. A slightly heavier oil in the rear can help, or a slightly stiffer spring. If it's excessive roll that's the problem a shorter rear link can help.

That said, it could be over rotation due to too stiff of a spring. Without setup details it's hard to know which. Look at Martin Crisp's setup app, many times the advice is to do "this change", or the exact opposite of "this change".

IOW, as the above poster mentioned, a softer rear spring worked for them, but it could also be too soft. More detail is needed.

E