R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Corally SP12SLX...
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 PM
pierre johnson
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default team corally driver race performance update

The corally slx is far more than many fail to see when the car can offer you the best of both worlds..I decided to experiment with the frontend some and switched the associated frontend with a far better handling front-end of a crc gen xl with the strut front brace using the associated 20 front springs it was a gamble that paid off with more than, I was expecting. .the crc front-end can be used entirely with no modifications needed..I chose to use jaco magenta fronts 42 ' and jacos rear silver 44 ' ..the side springs are soft which add enormous amount of rear traction. .I switched the corally mono shock for a hothodies shock that works wonderfully. .I used 30 wgt oil in the mono shock with the silver spring..then I begun to work on the side damperings and used the lighter 35 weight oil insead of the syrup by corally and though it may be some great stuff it only seem to slow the car down coming in and out of turns ...I have the car as low as you can go without compromising,the car bottoming out..the car was faster and more aggressive and this is only from 2 mos of testing...the car has the ability to switch front-ends that other cars can't provide and that alone makes for more room tunng options. .the crc front-end pillow ball suspension works great with the corallys very stable rear end and eliminates the push that comes from the solid rear end..I'm impressed with cars performance and look to see more cornering speed which was something that was lacking using the associated 5.2 front-end..there's some awesome race footage of the car on youtube under (mrsirpierre) ..well if you have any more questions hit me on my e-mail/[email protected]...