R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2014 IFMAR Worlds Full Throttle Raceway at Kissimmee Florida
Old 05-28-2013, 10:52 AM
JamesL_71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fladust
We wonder why this class is dying and honestly from this thread its because people have become so close minded on track surface, tire, etc.
Since when is 12th scale dying? Being dead on asphalt in the US != dying. The class is thriving on the rug.

I am not that close-minded in respect to the surface on which 12th scale is run. Do I prefer to race pan-cars on carpet? Absolutely? Modern pan-cars have been designed to be raced on carpet. Can they be run on asphalt? Absolutely. Is it an ideal setting for them? No. Is it a setting in which the world championship should be decided? IMO, no. But those are simply my opinions.

I would like to clarify something. My real disappointment does not directly stem from the decision to run the 12th scale portion on asphalt... If the choice was to run both classes on asphalt or pass the race to a different bloc/country, I would firmly stand behind the choice to race 12th on the pavement. However, when presented with 2 options for hosting this race(one of which would have pleased both parties/classes), I find it very disappointing that someone(ROAR, IFMAR, I don't know?) chose the option which effectively alienated one of the classes to the benefit of the other.

That is what I find perturbing.