R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 05-28-2013, 05:20 AM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ramenmeal
Hey guys, newbie here. I'm a f1 enthusiast and thought a fun model to play around with would be cool.

I'm looking to buy an FGX, I'm a little concerned on how long the car will be supported. I've noticed some hop up parts are already out of stock. Any idea on this?

Also, could anyone recommend the cheapest electronics set up that I'll be able to race with? Looking mostly for Brushless, long battery life. I think 21.5T brushless is the class? Not to sure on this stuff. Looking for a Motor, ESC, battery, and charger recommendation.
We have all of the hopup parts available for sale for the FGX at
f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com
Exotek makes a whole group of parts as well that are great looking, enhance the performance, as well as the durability. We also stock those as well.
As far as electronics I would look at Speed Passion or the Just Stock ESC and Turnigy motor from hobby wing and hobby king respectively.
If you plan on fully hopping up the car you might want to skip the kit and build from hopups, it won't necessarily be cheaper, but you will save a little bit over buying a full kit and then replacing everything