R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:25 AM
SMR 510RR
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkl
I think stock pistons are 10x1.1. At least those were in my kit, a later version than your kit I believe.
I was just thinking of buying the 8x1.3 to get more pack. We were having the same problem, so maybe I won't get them.
10x1.1 pistons have the most pack of all the options...Sounds like you may need to go to a heavier oil or spring if you are having bottoming out issues.

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Don't see how someone thinks the 8/1.3(10.62mm˛) pistons have more pack than 10/1.1 (9.5mm˛) .
Also the stock pistons r coned seems like would make it have more pack .what am I missing
Everyone keeps getting this all screwed up. From what I understand (I am also a newer owner) the kit has always come with the 10x1.1 pistons but people were having issues with the pistons being slow with the recommended oil so Tekno said to drill all the holes out to 1.2. Then they were having issues with not enough pack so they went to the 8x1.3 which has less pack that the 10x1.1 but more than the 10x1.2. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

It would probably be good to have this information on the OP so we can stop having the wrong info pop up once a week.

Originally Posted by skinnyricky
No, you have it backwards. In a MX shock more pack is more rebound dampening or a slower rebound.
thats what i said read it again.
Yea in a MX shock pack is more rebound dampening...

Since this is about RC we should get the RC terms right maybe you should read it again.

Originally Posted by skinnyricky
in rc, pack refers to how much the shock or shocks stay packed down after being compressed.same thing different term.
That would be the same thing same term. What it should have said was in RC pack refers to how much stiffer the shock gets when you increase shock shaft speed generally helpful in the compression stroke not rebound.