R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 07:21 AM
RokleM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RokleM
So only my second race with the EB48 this weekend, and it was a big race. The track was super dry (18 x 3 qualifiers + main, without wetting the track, just blowing it off). I absolutely like a little slide to the rear of my ride so I can power slide/drift around the corners, but it was a bit out of control this weekend. Going from my truggy which is completely dialed to my EB48, it felt like I was running on ice. The back end was sliding everywhere. The surface was very dry, bumpy, and hard packed, but with layers of dust depending on the area (dry dirt/clay, no where near blue groove).

I know this might be the issue (tires), but let me give you an idea of what I tried from big to small
Calibers
Impact
Sniper
Holeshots
Hybrids

I'm running the Austin Blair 02.28.2013 setup with stock pistols (have the 1.3x8 tekno I can try) with the kyosho light blue front orange rear.

Forward bite with the calibers was just amazing. I was turning what all nitro 1/8, truggy, and most 1/8e use as a double double into a tripple single or even single... but the second I got just a little too much steering on the corner that back was coming around and spinning out. It made for some cheering and yelling for high flying in the A main, but too many spin outs landed me only towards the middle of the pack instead of in the top four like I wanted.

Thoughts?
Originally Posted by streetsports
I like I beams, crime fighters and enduros. Soft in the summer and super soft in the winter...the I beams are my favorite, then the enduros and finally the crime fighters.

my buggy is lite weight but so far I really like 10x1.3 with 32.5r/37.5f...call me crazy but its nice. 5x1.1+5x1.2 with 27.5r/32.5f was like a brick and 5x1.2+5x1.3 was still stiff...but again, my buggy is a little over 6lbs...also I could care less about bottoming out on jumps so I tune my shocks for the rest of the track. 2 much pack or stiff shocks on a bumpy outdoor track = crap imo
Thanks streetsports. Anyone else have any thoughts?