R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by b20btec
I'm using your setup guide and did the modifications. I'm running pits and my width is around 186-187 with slight camber. When I did the 190mm setup according to manual with pits mounted and neg camber is was around 192mm
Originally Posted by Solara
How many spacer you put on the hub and did you enlarge the inside diameter of the 1st inner shim bigger? If you have too much shim within the hub, it might wobble because the wheel might not be deep enough to the HEX wheel hub.

That I will have to check it myself...after the 3 weeks Asia trip.
Mine set at the 190mm configuration with Tamiya wheels, Pit Shimizu tires, and 0* camber is at 192mm. The reason this is is because the Pit Shimizu tire is wider than the Tamiya rim and overhangs it on the outside. When I measure it with just the rims and no tires at 0* camber the car is right at 190mm.

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Adding those washers makes the rear end wobble in the worst way.
That's why I didn't use spacers in the wheel as on the non-diff side it looked like it could cause wobble. With the Qteq left side hub and axle spacers I get 0 wobble. The Qteq hub is longer though so I think if you use axle spacers with the stock hub it probably won't hold as well and may end up with wobble in the hub.