R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 AM
niemand
Tech Adept

Wow thats a lot of input guys.
Thanks to all of you. I will try as much of all those suggestions as I can the next time I'm on the track.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Could try;
Thinner roll bars
Get rid of arm sweep
Different springs, progressives all round etc.
0mm on rear upper link will help rear traction but might reduce steering.
I'll need to order some parts to do that but definitely going to give it a shot.

Originally Posted by JOE SI
Check droop, ride height and shocks. Just sounds weird being loose on corner exit and push on fast corners since most of the time they're both on throttle.
I do that every run so I doubt thats the issue here.

Originally Posted by Lycan
Thicker rear diff oils will solve some of those issues - try around 1500cst.
And maybe remove progressive springs and try a linear one in the rear... 2.5 maybe.
Front gear diff will make car a bit easier to drive.
Strangely the harder rear diff oil made it worse last time I tried it.
Front gear diff may be worth a shot, although most people tend to only run it in modified classes.

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
I'm in the same boat here, exactly the same problems in all the same areas. The slower the speed, the worse the corner exit oversteer is. The car looks like its diffing out, loses all forward drive and spins inner rear.

I will admit I haven't tried 2k rear diff oil on a medium size track yet. Only small tracks. This makes the understeer worse and does nothing for the on power oversteer. Setup helps with drivability a bit, and I can drive around the problem, but it does nothing for improving the laptimes.

Things I have found to help are:

1mm shims under the inner ball studs -that's how i currently run it
1.3mm bars front and rear (need to try 1.4 front and rear)
5.4 front droop
4.4 rear droop
(any less droop ie 6f 5r = diffing out)
Foam bits in the shock caps

This makes the car driveable, not fast. I still get left behind on tight corners.

I will either try a 2mm chassis or get a new car and get my friend to build it. I swear that guy has magic fingers. Everytime he builds a new car they are fast. Everytime I build a new car, slow
I'll send your friend a kit of mine to build
However my car was insanely fast on carpet. So I hope its not the car itself.
I kinda doubt my car is diffing out, its doing the same as if it would diff out but it just feels different. But I'll give it a shot to know for sure.
Let me know if your new car or the 2mm chassis do any good when you get them.

Originally Posted by pcar951
Here's my .02, sounds like a droop issue to me. Try more front droop, it'll transfer more weight rearward on power (better corner exit) plus allow the front to roll more in high speed corners (more front grip). I never seem to get too far from 5 front and rear measured on Hudy blocks. It's worth a try...JMO.

BTW: I've ran my T4's with short upper links quite a bit too. For me, the increased camber gain sharpens the overall handling significantly... Worth a try if you car is feeling lazy.
I'll definitely play around with droop.
My upperlinks are in the middle position (front) and outer = short in the rear. The car is plenty agile. It just doesnt have any significant grip compared to other cars running with me.Altough I managed to win at the last club meeting (but i was more drifting and sliding around than actually driving).

Thanks to all you guys again. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Regards,
David