R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 08:27 PM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zenitram
My diffs are pretty stiff and i dont think they are suppose to be this tight. I have rebuilt then 2 times with same result. The shimming seems ok, there is a little play on the out drives. I am using the stock diff fluid and i have backed the 4 screws out little by little to make sure i dont have them to tight. Non of that seems to help any. Anyone have any help? I watched a youtube video where groskamp rebuilds his gear diffs and his seem silky smooth, making mine seem like a one way lol
Are these new diffs? New o rings on the out drives need to break in some. they might be making things feel tight.

Try a lighter fluid. I liked 80wt shock oil in my rear diff.

how full is the fluid? The fluid should just cover the shafts. if it is too full then it can also feel tight. Last try pulling one shim from each outdrive and see if that helps. be careful because if it has too much play it will skip inside the diff.

personally I put a solid axle in the front and a ball diff in the rear. a little more cleaning for the ball diff but I can change the tension in 2 minutes to suit the track surface. best thing I did was get rid of gear diffs. But a lot of people like them. more trouble than they are worth to me.