R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale oval racing at hideaway speedway, Isanti MN
Old 05-16-2013, 05:22 AM
showandgo
Tech Apprentice

I was out at the track yesterday and did some testing with my 1/10 scale late model. I had the 13.5 motor in it with the same same rc for less tires that I was using at mmr. With a pinion change the car was fast and didn't have much for tire wear surprisingly. The track is so big and banked I'm sure that's why tires didn't wear. Then I put a hobby wing 8.5 motor in and now I had a fun Racecar. I would like to get input from people to come up with a motor rule. I would like to use the 8.5 hobby wing only since they are so cheap.

I talked to Leroy (track owner) and he said that we don't need to have QSAC memberships to race. That is going to help bring racers in. He also said that he wants to add a race day on Sept 7. He is having a party that day and will be having music and food. I would like to do a practice day either may 25th or 26th. Give me some input on which day is best.

Race entries and practice day entries will be $20 per car. Next yr we may be able to do multi class discount but not this yr sorry.