R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine problem - Wont stay running BELOW 1/2 throttle?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:44 PM
george919
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZiG-87
So I'm not a nitro expert but not completely green either. I recently bought a nitro SC8 with the AE .28 that had been broken in but not run much more than that.

On my first trip to the track it ran alright for about 1/2 a tank, but then suddenly something happened, it had no power and the sound changed. It sounded like it was bogging pretty bad and then just quit a few seconds later. Tried to restart it, and I can get it to fire if I give it about 1/2 throttle while cranking, but the second I let off the throttle it dies. And while it's running at 1/2 throttle it's revved up pretty good, have to keep the wheels off the ground and all that. It also doesn't seem to want to rev as high as normal, either.

I've taken it apart, nothing is obviously wrong, but same result when I put it back together. Even reset the carb to factory settings, no difference.

I've never seen this before, not too sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated..
Check the exhaust because it could be that the exhaust is clogged and not letting the engine breath or rev. Also check fuel, and glow plug and shims. If you can take a picture because I have one beside me but hasn't been run for 2-3 years.