Thread: Mugen MRX-4
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Ed Delgado
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Love this car.

Ran this weekend at Lakeland, Fl.

Qualifying: Was placed in lower qualifyer and still had provisional TQ after first run. Second run-encountered bad luck with traffic and lost TQ by 1 sec to Jaquin Desoto in a Delta. Was faster though-his best lap time was 14.4, mine 14.0 and numerouse 14.1's. Ended up third overall.

A-Main: Was leading main 2.5 min's into race when Race Director inadvertently stopped the race! I was furious, and wouldn't you know it, at the restart I was taken out and fell back to last. Drove too aggresively-I was fuming-and ended up sixth as the race was shortened to 15 min from 30 due to daylight running out.

Summary: It was a very good weekend overall. We showed that we had the speed to win races. The car was very, very good. The only thing that I don't like is a mid corner understeer. Tried all weekend to dial it out. The motor-a REX 321P Tuned was awesome! I'll be testing different things this weekend to see if I can improve on the mid-corner push problem.

Set-up: Not far from stock-here are the changes:

front: 1.3mm piston, 600wt oil. short wheelbase, 1mm caster shim in back, 1.5 camber, 1 degree toe out.

rear: adj. anti rool bar from MRX3, set at softest setting. 3 degrees camber, 2 degrees toe-in

P.S. we have the REX 321P Tuned (600.00)as well as the stock (500.00) version in stock at www.hobbysuperstore.com.

Ed Delgado
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	75 chassis.jpg
Views:	10660
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	53778