R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Want to get a monster truck need help
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:19 PM
Overdriven
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

TVP's, idk I never like the idea of taking a whole side of a truck off. It's just me, although the screw counts are probably the same for a lot of the same operations on a different truck. I knew there would be at least one person who would disagree with me on durability of Revo. Personally I've never broken a stock Revo arm, never popped a knuckle (no rings either), blew a diff or anything. And one of mine was Novarossi .28 powered with reverse! Worst I ever did was break a skid and a body post. But I did place the Savage higher in durability and said with tuning it can handle so give me a little credit! Lol

My post was already pretty long, I didn't want to make it more detailed and even longer. A savage can handle nicely with some tuning. But assuming you can't buy parts for either truck, just do tuning, a Savage still can't handle as well as a Revo. For some that matters. So whether raised up or dropped down I still stand by my experiences in the handling dept. The K4.6 is a great engine, one of my favorites and the one I'd use when handing the transmitter over to someone for the day. The Mach engines and the 454 in LST's are good too, but the K4.6 is so easy it's childs play. I put the LST ahead of the Savage on durability because I've never had a trans issue and the slipper is better than the Savage. Arms seem to be slightly tougher too and I've never bent a shock shaft on an LST. Front knuckles might be a little weaker than Savage, or might just be the weak point on LST2 + XXL. LST2 + XXL also have beefy cvd's and full buggy style 8mm stub axles that'll never break off at the threads or drive pin.

Last edited by Overdriven; 05-13-2013 at 09:33 PM.