R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - buying a monster truck
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 05:25 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ever think about a Tamiya TNX. Very simple design and with the new OS made .18 small block it really rips. Only weighs a little over 7 pounds and handles well. Just another truck to think about. I'm partial to Tamiya so this is my truck of choice. It is capable of racing as the results show in its first two races. They left it for the most part stock to.

The Savage is also a nice truck if your looking for more of the basher type. Can also be raced but they don't normally handle as well as some other true monster trucks. A very nice truck with many hopups available.

T-Maxx is still nice as it has more hopups than any truck. Old or not it is tried and true. Can't go wrong with this truck. To me the 2.5 motor is strong but they seem to run hot and are a little tougher to get running than some. Yes I know people will post that mine runs great but overall working at a hobby shop this motor tends to need more help to get running well when compared to some other RTR trucks.

LST is really cool as well. Comes with a great radio setup and dual steering servos. Has massisve shocks and is a huge trruck overall. Just one more good truck to think about.