R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
(If you don't think nitro on road is dying, Look at the MWS history on the site. Notice the number of entrants and the number of cities that have held races over the years. While there are certainly pockets of popularity left, overall there are fewer opportunities to race...

Don't know about dying but certainly on life support We are very lucky that Toledo turned into a magnet location for the few of us that enjoy the hobby , heck two Saturdays ago Steve Lazarus came over from Chicago just for practice - I even asked and he had no other mission.
Think you guys are on a good path with the pan car class to try and lower cost and complexity and I'd like to play but there just isn't enough time in a raceday to race twice and marshal twice and pit at least once - no time left for wrenching, just think that without manufacturer / importer / local hobby shop support you're pushing sand uphill - maybe Phil's efforts with EDAM will be fruitful.
Rick, Dying, life support...you know what I'm getting at. Toledo is very fortunate to have the leadership and membership to have one of the best tracks and programs in the USA. (I remember you saying "pushing sand uphill" in the "good old days" )

Unfortunately the info I referred to about attendance etc. seems to be no longer available on the MWS Site, probably a good thing...

Plan to come up for the MWS next week.