R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR is now accepting bids to host the 2014 IFMAR 1/10 Electric On-Road World
Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 AM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
I never called you an idiot nor threw out disguised F bombs. But here is the bottom line.

It has been nearly a full month since the deadline passed and ROAR declined the bid, handing it back to IFMAR. Do you really think IFMAR has been sitting around going "oh well, we will just wait a month or so and see what happens"? No, they have made other plans. They may not have announced anything yet but they have made plans. Perhaps he was so short in his answer because he has been talking to IFMAR the whole time and repeatedly told to F off. Not to mention all the flack they are taking from their own members over this.

People are always quick to blame ROAR for everything. Admittedly, it is sometimes deserved but not always. In this case, IFMAR is the main problem. Their facility requirements for this particular race are ridiculous. How many tracks are there IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that have the facilities, money, manpower and desire (it takes all four, three out of four wont fly with IFMAR) to run this race? My guess would be 10 at most.

No you didnt but the way you posted is how I took it. Ive seen several of your other post where you seem to talk down to people that you think have less knowledge than you do.

Do I think IFMAR has sat around? NO. But you proved my point in your last paragraph. If there are only 10 in the world that can do it how many of them have already gotten it figured out and accepted it by now? Probably not many if any have even responded yet. So for ROAR to say they were not interested yesterday is just a shame. But as Rick has posted ROAR has at least reached out to him for his valued opinion on it and looking into it now. Thats a good sign and as I said if thats true I'll be the first to apologize to them and thank them for having a turn of heart.

EA