R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming
Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 AM
heavyjeffd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529
Interesting shock towers on David Joor's buggy. I wonder if those are avid or AE prototypes.
Not AE.

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Straight up mp9 tower copies .
Sort of, although I'm not speaking for David at all, I think the resemblance was more a result of what he was trying to achieve with different geometry more so than trying to copy K towers.

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m
YEP, mp9 clone towers, mp9 shocks
I don't think he was running K shocks this weekend, though I didn't really pay attention to both of his cars. I know he had HB caps and K springs on one, that was all I really noticed.

Originally Posted by nv529
MP8.2 edition?

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Looks like a machined copy of the MP9 towers. Probably designed for the stock bulk head bolt pattern and lower so the shock achieve more droop since the MP9 shocks are shorter.
I asked him about them a while ago when I first saw them in person. He just wanted more inner holes to lay the shocks over more. So the outer hole on the tower is the same as the inner hole on the stock AE tower. He had them made for himself as one-offs. I have no idea if he's planning on releasing them as an Avid product.