R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:40 AM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So ran the 06 last weekend. I set down a target lap with my 05 for the first run of the day. I managed to beat it with the 06 in its first run by about 3 tenths. However I was running TC as well and the grip level came up a lot between the first and second rounds.

I didn't fiddle as much as I would have liked with the 06, but I did try the TP36 front and rear and liked it much better then the tp36 rear 3035 front combo. I was able to pull the drag break back from 10% to 5%, and still had enough entry steering.

Two major issues came up over the weekend though. I have slight grip roll issues in one corner, and also now have the car diffing out. I'm using the kit diff with a single additional shim in it to tighten it slightly. What is every body else using? Ball or Oil? Which version?

Originally Posted by viktozzz
juz gotten my M06, non pro version.. have yet to build it, but on my shopping list, i had the following items on my mind.

apologies if this question had been asked before, as it seems that most questions are towards the pro kit..

3racing 50mm alu shocks
ball bearings for the M06
3racing alu front steering set
3racing M03 CVDs
tt01 uni cup thingy for the CVDs
the M06 ball suspension shaft to mount the alu shocks.

am i missing out anything? i wld be using a 18T tamiya brushless setup with it..

thanks in advance for all advise
Personally I dont think you'd need CVDs on an M06, there's no real lock on the wheels so you dont have the chatter problem like you would on the front of a m05/m03. But others with more expirence with the 06 might have a different opinion?

I'm also using the alloy rear shock tower and alloy mount. Just seems much more stable then the kit one.