R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
I see id didnt specify that I am running a shorty pack since I am running stock I need less weight.
I understand that your trying to balance the front to rear now that you have the exotek rack. Moving the pack back will increase your forward bite, as it puts more weight over the rear. But it will also increase the pendulum effect. That is, when your rear breaks loose it will be more prone to a more violent swing and harder to correct. What I did in my b4 when I switched to the shorty was. I got lose of 1 and 1/2 thickness foams. I started with the shorty all the way back and just started move pad behind the back until it was all the way forward. Then I made notes of how it felt to me. People always say you get a ton of steering with the pack all the way forward. I didnt feel that. the front felt lazy to me. most likely because the front now needed more energy to go left to right in turns. When i did them, I might have also wanted to stiffen the front or oils also. its all a give and take. I would try the same thing with your 22. try it all the way back and just start adding pads behind the pack and find out where you like it.