R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Carranza76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sapperc
Thanks. Yes, I've seen that on their website. Interesting, but kind of expensive. Also moves the servo back which will alter chassis balance. And apparently requires trimming for clearance and shimming for bump steer. Not exactly a drop-in solution. Seems like an unnecessarily complicated installation as a replacement for a steering system that I really think just needs more durable materials or an enhanced bearing system. Still, it appears to be a well crafted adaption of a sturdy, proven design.

By the way, forgot to mention that the Driven Productions steering rack changed my steering trim significantly to the right. Almost doubled my original trim setting. Any more and I would have had to remove the servo and change the horn mounting position. So, it is not really a drop-in replacement, either. I didn't mind honing the width for precise fit, but I expected correct placement of the servo link ball stud. Toe seems fine, only the servo link ball stud mounting hole seems to be off. I've been disappointed in the fit and finish of other Driven Productions parts in the past, so I was prepared to check everything. It works and has returned the steering to its initial build tightness, minus some end movement due to the worn housing. At least that's my conclusion from bench testing. If it doesn't rain tonight and tomorrow as forecasted, I'll give it a real test at the track .
I dropped mine in in less than 20 mins. I did not have to shim anything for bump steer. Dropped it in and redid my toe and camber and thats it. You have to do very little mods to the bulk head and side chassis guards. If you want a slop free solution then get one. You will not regret it I promise.