R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Caveman's mini 8ight project
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
MajorKong
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mashimarowu
I hardly mess with adjustments on cars, but when i do its usually only the ride height at the moment. I have a jump to downside and a 180 degree turn right after the downside which is where my mini tends to land, turn, and flip over.

I have a feeling what I need to do is lower my ride height, but should I do any adjustments to camber?

Also since I run indoor and outdoors, the jumps I make is very different on both, sometimes needing to punch throttle or do half throttle making my driving style change dramatically. Sometimes I may overshoot and have the chassis bottoming out. Whats the best way to deal with this? Putting heavier weight oil? If so does anyone know what stock oil is and what I should go up to?
I think it is too much body lean. You turn suddenly with forward momentum, the body leans, you get too much side grip with the front outside tire and the momentum carries the car over into a flip.

Best ways to reduce this is an anti-roll bar, heavier springs or possibly more spring preload. Be cautious with adding too much preload. Increasing ride height also increases center of gravity.

You could also compensate with your driving. If you begin the turn with a slide the loss of traction should prevent the flip or roll-over.