R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by casemate
TBH, with regards to the above comments, TeamC is really struggling in my part of the world.

TeamC is still being regarded as a crap Chinese brand, everyone still says their quality is rubbish, services are not there, and, all they are doing is copying others design hoping to compete.

And, honestly, I do feel TeamC is lacking in the quality part, I'm a Jap brand follower, also some western makers follower, I started out waaaaaaay back with Kyosho SuperTen and OS engines...must have been....ermmm....15years ago?

Anyway, main reason why I went and bought myself TeamC car this time round, is simply their price is low, so low, I reckon I'm only paying 60% of US dollar price for car kit or parts, sometimes I can see you guys paying 100USD for a single part, but I only need to pay half that in where I am, and cheap price is something very tempting.

But like everything in life, buy cheap buy twice.

Interesting statements, I admit that the TeamC of 2 years ago had issues with quality and what not but I have had AE kits that just plain sucked!! I currently have 5 TC kits and they are all excellent quality or i would simply not run them. If you want to base your opinion on a one way bearing and being short some brake shafts so be it but 1 part out of a thousand really means nothing! After 6mths of hard running I am JUST now replacing the rear outdrives (fronts are perfect), still have original arms, front bulkhead and all linkages and what nots. The CVD that broke last weekend was the original and I actually havent heard of anyone else breaking one. This holds true for my offroad stuff too! At any rate we can agree to dis-agree on the "cheap chinese crap", Its simply not true

BTW I have your pics but they are locked, i can only look at them and they will not show a preview?????

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
A few bold statements here... Paulo could spank us with 3 wheels on his car and his controls reversed, the pit crew is just a formality when competing at the highest level over many cars. He earned this and backs it up every time hes on the track.

Next... Bagin the Kyo? Really? That car is solid if you would just learn to set it up. Instead of bashing one of the most tried true and tested cars on the market maybe you should look at your skill set. The Kyo works good and lasts a long time.

Finally... Do your best to hold off the rest. Bold statement since you wont even run in the non beginner class here locally. There are plenty of us open guys that would happily hand you yours. If you think its a chassis issue you have every chance to grab a serpent or team c from the local shop. Instead of creating enemies you should be asking for help and listen to what is told to you.

Marcus keep up the work man, you give me hope that the Team C will truly show its colors soon.
Thank you,its only going to get better!

Your statement about Paolo is true, the dude can just plain ol drive! This past weekend at the challenge on saturday i busted out my F1 after the races over to take advantage of the high grip track. I NEVER let anyone drive it because one wall slap and its tweaked and my rear tires are ruined. Well as i was cranking out laps he yelled from the ground "Let me drive it" I didnt realize it was him so i laughed. I stopped and realized it was him and though eeeh why not, i can fix it (even though i had my doubts even as good as he is, there is just little room for error!) well he took about two slow laps and then he looked like he had been driving it for years!! He was cranking out really good laps, did not hit one flapper and never even got close to smashing it, i actually felt comfy watching him drive!! I now have new respect for him!!

completely custom made car from the chassis up!