R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 10:27 AM
vtl1180ny
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Horatio
FG are planning on using re-badged Hitec servos in their large scale RTR cars. Obviously, they didn't want to scrimp on servo quality - not with a £1000 + car.

I've heard all manner of bad suff about hitec over the years - but at various UK tracks I've seen far more broken Futaba, KO servos than Hitec ones.

Regards quality of these items, the gears used in Hitec servos are second to none - and that's a fact!

It seems consumers get ripped off all the time - paying loads of money for something they 'think' is far better quality, for example some electrical goods come badged with a Sony label. People pay loads for it, assuming quality. But the shocking truth is that the item they just bought didn't actually come from a Sony factory....it's merely licenced by them. Other identical items may cost far less.

I've gone through 2 Hitec servo's so far on my Technokit's front brakes..... I'm switching to Multiplex finally.....

I use the Hitec's in my trucks and they work just fine there.... I just don't feel they have the precision for 1/10th scale TC's....