R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Marty Peterson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
So, here's my next question to Marty, and everyone else who are working on these adapters to use the VTA wheels on the F104: When mounted, what will be the maximum rear width, and maximum front width that is attainable? I would like to see the rear width at no less than 190-195mm, and the front at 190mm. Last night I was studying a lot of pictures of the Lotus 49 and other late 60's F1 cars, and the width of said cars was wider than what some may think; the tires were a little wider than the 1.5 liter F1 cars of the early 60's...but the "track width" of the cars had increased considerably!

I guess my point is that the stock setup originally sugested by Manny of using the stock F104 front arms and rear axle width looks too narrow as compared to how the real cars looked. Plus, if we widen the track width, it may help with the handling as well. A win, win situation. Any thoughts?
190mm is what I believe were shooting for David. I will not know for sure till the parts I ordered from shapeways get here or Chris come through with the Parts, Tamiya front suspension & rear hubs I ordered and or someone else comes up with something but we are working on it buddy, right now I can go from 185ish to 190,