R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F104 Electronics Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 AM
mkiiina
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
I am and im am gonna see what the other guys are running for setups but I fell I will be shunned at the track because I didn't get the VBC Kit

This is hopefully gonna stay as a "top secret" project until im ready to get it on the road. I love the VBC, I just couldn't afford it. Ive heard nothing bad about the Tamiya and the one I got from one of our users here on RC Tech has a lot of carbon fiber upgrades so it was a great deal.

I was looking a the new Tekin RS Gen 2 and I love the red on white! It looks great but as always their price is waaaay inflated... Someday..
The Justock is a fantastic esc (I run it in my F1 and VTA, I have the v3.1 in my stock sedan as well). The programming card is great for track side changes.

As far as picking mfg, the trend is the opposite here in TX. Almost everyone runs Tamiya or one of their variants (I have an F1R for example) with only 1 or 2 guys running Plasma's. The F104 family has been around for a while and there are alot of very knowledgable people out there for setup help.