R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ECX Revenge opinions?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM
hunt2010
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Reviews

Originally Posted by Ovaloldtimer
To me it looks like a redcat, more than likely ultra mass produced
I woild check parts availability first, and then read some reviews by an unbiased party like neo buggy, if its never reviewed on one of these types of magazines then I would look into something else mainline
Trust me,before i purchase any kind of rc i will first check 1.parts available 2.Reviews 3. Then my own personal opinion. The reviews on the Revenge were all good ones from RC Driver mag, Big Squid RC,Losi,and countless consumers so i narrowed it down to three different buggies i could have went with and ended up with the Revenge(plus it just looks good). I think the best thing about it is, its so easy to work on plus the price is great. The car and 3s battery runs about 500 bucks for both. Im a big fan of AE and still race my sct 2wd and 4wd, I raced the Ecx boost for a while and it did a great job getting 2nd place against other associated and losi buggies, after that bought a Torment and still running strong in races, so i figure why not give their 8 scale buggy a try. The problems i have with their vehicles are no different than any other car/truck i ever owned, just replace the part with stock or hop up and keep rolling.Their are plenty of parts available for all of the Ecx rides w/ upgrades and great customer service.