R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need help on deciding what to get for my first hobby grace rc.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:23 AM
MajorKong
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by need$
Hey thanks and is this video true because it says its not meant for bashing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgocHy7nuzA
There are a lot more reviews than just that one, have you looked at them too? While none of his criticisms were outright false I think that they do lack a bit of perspective. The mini 8ight is easily the most popular RC buggy in terms of unit sales and for good reason. Most people that have mini 8ights use them for bashing.

I guess from a reliability perspective the plastic is more brittle than I like. But parts are readily and cheaply available for the mini 8ight with lots of option and hop up parts too. The design is sound and easy to work on.

You keep coming back to the Slash 2wd and I don't quite understand why. I mean if it was good wouldn't it be popular too? Wouldn't everyone be talking about it instead of something else. Is there some hidden gem of an RC that is not popular but your going to find it by asking someone? That is not likely to happen, just from a logic perspective.

I kind of think that a very big consideration for you is the up front cost. But the maintenance and operating costs of a vehicle are much more over time than the initial purchase price. You can't buy cheap/inexpensive and run it for even a few days without maintaining it.