R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Purdue Engineer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hay guys,
Where can I buy the new carbon shock towers? I noticed the rear tower, it's not broke but the top layer of carbon is splintered, just about an 1/8 of an inch on the edge in the center right next to where it bolts to the case. I'm thinking of just putting some CA glue on it and running it. It's not bent, I don't think carbon bends. So, where can I get these if I have to end up replacing it?

I also broke a part on the steering bell crank. Should I just pay $6 for another plastic set or pay $35 for a complete alum. set? I have noticed that over the last week there has been a lot of slop in the steering. Is this normal? It looks like it is in the plastic rod ends. Do these need to be replaced often?

Ok, last question.
I have already replaced two CVD pins in the center drive line ( front and rear). I have been told that I should upgrade to the, dare I say it, Hekno CVDs because they are stronger and last longer. Has anyone replaced there center CVDs and front and rear dog bones?
Going to rebuild my truck and also order some avid revolution bearings to get ready for the out door season.
Thanks guys.