R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Your beating an old dead horse, ROAR isnt going to recognize F1 anytime soon UF1 is as good as it gets and to be honest who really cares what ROAR says anyway??? If they wrote rules tomorrow UF1 is not going to change anything! As far as organization goes UF1 is as good as it gets and there are no complaints about the rules. At the end of the day your local club rules are best anyway, there is very little cross US travel amongst the F1 crowd on a national level.
We (UF1houston.com) run UF1 base rules with the exception of allowing wide cars. Works for us and everyone has fun
You are certainly welcome to your opinion! I'm saying that UF1 uses parts of ROAR rules and there are some things that might be better left to a larger body than "UF1". I doubt UF1 type organizations are able or interested in approving batteries, motors, and esc's.
I would rather see those intersted in a particular class petition ROAR to be able re-write the rules to what is current.

As a former Region Director (a looong time ago) I know this was the way used to improve things back-in-the-day. Might work again...