R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 PM
metalnut
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Hey Metalnut, good job sounds like you had a blast for your first race day. Congrats, your life wont ever be the same again now that you've been bitten by the racing bug Yeah, personally, I think the captured ends are the way to go with this truck and they don't bind like people used to be worried about, just remember to put spacers under the ball cups and you'll be golden. Your diff hold through the day well? Hopefully you got all that worked out and it stays good for a while too.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm really liking off-road racing, seems more "fun" than onroad carpet that I started a while back. I mean, I really like both, but off-road just feels more fun and less stressful

Now, regarding my diff... I really don't know. What I thought was my diff barking while setting my slipper clutch may actually have been my motor cogging... why, I'm not sure. The diff feels ok, but I'm going to take it apart to have a look anyway. I'll rebuild it and keep it with me, but I'm going to try the gear diff for the next race. I just want to experiment a little and see which suits me better.