R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mini "M" Spec / Mini Modified
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
v_squared
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeymikey
Yet one more post in the "mini" thread...
But from a "newcomers" perspective (new to the club and new to on road racing). After seeing the minis race and taking a mini for a test spin I was hooked and bought a M06 kit under the premise that there is and would be a spec class to run in. (Note: the kit is still under constuction). So I hope the spec class not only survives but thrives as well. It's my understanding that the mini class started as a spec class. My input is that it should remain as such. So I will build my kit to run in the spec class, following the rules that were presented at the start of this thread. I'd like the option of using a 21.5, for a number of reasons, but apparantly there are racers that just can't leave a stock motor stock and can't keep the esc in the blinky mode. But the kit came with a silver can motor and that is what the class specifies so I'm good with that. I am never, ever going to beat the fast guys, in any class and with any motor. So my preference is to get into a class were the cars are pretty much on a level playing field. I don't need to go faster. I just need to getter better at driving. I get the fact that there are racers who want to go faster and run with non spec tires, motors, chassis', etc. That is why there are now two mini classes open and spec. So why all the fuss? Pick a class and let's race and have fun. Thanks for listening.

Mike
Very reasonable and sensible indeed. Will yours be ready by Sunday? We might have three new minis this Sunday. The battles will be epic. If you guys want I can not race a Sunday and just help people tune their cars. I'm open to that as well.