R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Patrick Karp
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fq06
With a low amp draw setup like a 1/10 buggy or stadium truck you may not see these issues. But you get into a high amp draw heavy truck with a beast of a motor and you will may have problems with the sr300.
Couple the spectrum servo with the sr300 receiver and you (as many others have) will get brownouts.

The RX8 has one of the best bec's in it but you have to get that through the sr300 to your servo. I think there lies your problem.
A buddy of mine with the rtr scte was running the low end spectrum radio that came with it (and accompanying sr300) and had nothing but problems at our indoor track. He changed the rx to the 3100(?) and that reduced the brownouts but not eliminated them. Shortly after got a Airtronics radio and problem solved.

No external bec, not a different servo (he's running savox, from what I can tell the same servo as the spectrum) and no brownouts. Only changed the rx.

For lipo pack trying to make 10 min with a scte and 4 pole without voltage sag near the end of the run, at least 6500 60c. The smc 7200 70c suggested above is the best bang for the buck in lipo's right now IMO. If you have a lighter setup like Durango or sc10 4x or whatever you can get away with less.
But that setup even with a 6500 you will feel a loss of power nearing the end of your 10 min run.

And your sucking the life out of the pack running it to cutoff where the 7200 has juice in the tank for 12+ minutes... maybe even 15. I get a solid 10 out of mine in a 6.7lb SCT conversion truck with no lack of power to make the triple.
Okay thanks a lot!!! i will try changing my RX and see what happens. Hopefully this will work. ill also try the bigger battery's for the longer run time. thanks a lot!