R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM
rbrownsr
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
2013 Fear Farm 240 Intro and Rules

Alright everyone, here comes just about anything you need to know about the upcoming Fear Farm 240.* For those of you that were around 7 years ago, you'll most likely have fond memories of the endurance races from those days.* The very first endurance race at the nitro pit was the Ironman 120 and the legend was born before the race even got started....**
It was a Saturday evening and two races were scheduled, the truck race was I believe first and was to go off at 6PM, for 2 hours of racing.* Well at about 5:45 it started raining and it kept up for the next 20 minutes.* I called all the drivers up to the drivers stand and with it still coming down pretty good I asked if they wanted to wait it out or start the show.* The vote was unanimous with everyone wanting to start the true test of endurance, under the less than perfect conditions.** The race started and ran in the rain for maybe the first 30 minutes before tapering off.* The rain made the track perfect all night and helped to create lasting memories of the race.
So....* For me, it's easy to get excited for the Fear Farm race, especially with the prospect of 4 hours of racing where anything can and will happen.* I hope for those of you that weren't a part of the races years ago will give this race some consideration.* I think if you sit it out and watch from the sidelines, you'll be kicking yourself during and after this one and chomping at the bit for the next one.
Running the show back in the day, we learned just how prepared you have to be for this type of race both on and off the track.* The race itself has so many unique aspects, that it requires a lengthy list of rules just to make sure we're all on the same page as the race unfolds..*

Here are the rules at this time with maybe a few additions coming in the weeks leading up to the race.*

The race will be held at Fear Farm RC Raceway on May 11th, 2013.* Start time will be 7:30PM and the race will run continuously for 4 hours.*
The entry fee for the 4 hour endurance race is $100 per team.* Each team will officially be registered once the registration fee has been paid in full.* Remember 16 is the maximum number of teams for this race and each team should have 4 racers listed at registration.
The track will be watered extensively for 3 hours prior to the race and will not be watered after the race begins.* Pipe maintenance only will be completed during the race.
The maximum number of teams is 16.
Teams may have no more than TWO chassis sponsored drivers on them.
All teams MUST have 4 racers. All efforts will be made to find drivers to fill teams on race day. If for any reason we have a couple teams with only 3 drivers, they may not have more than 1 chassis sponsored driver.
Each team must register by assigning each team member as drivers 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively. Each driver will have their driver number pinned to the back of their shirt during the event. These numbers must stay on their shirts during the entire event, not just while they are driving.

Each 30 minute segment will be driven by the assigned drivers.
The starting grid will be done by a pill draw 30 minutes before racing begins.
Teams (driver #1) will line up on the drivers stand in reverse order of the pill draw 10 minutes before race is to begin. A Fear Farm official will allow each driver to pick his spot one at a time. This spot will be where the team will drive from the entire race. NO SWITCHING ALLOWED.
There will be a 3 minute warm up before all cars are called to the starting line. There will be NO 2 MINUTE CALL ALLOWED. Once the RD calls the cars to the starting line, there is no turning back. At the sound of the tone, a 4 hour clock will begin.
The 4 hour race will run continuously but in 8, 30 minute segments.
An official on the drivers stand will regulate the transfer of drivers. At the 27 minute mark of each segment, a 2 minute warning will be announced. This is to let all teams know they have 2 minutes to prepare for the driver switch. At the 29 minute mark, the official will announce that the driver switch window is open. This is a 2 minute window that teams may switch their driver. At 1 minute into the next segment, all appropriately numbered drivers must be driving. If any team switches drivers outside this number, a 5 minute stop and go penalty will be assessed, *(or*3 positions will be docked from their final results, if violation found after the race has completed).

Segment schedule
0-30 min – Driver 1
30-60 min – Driver 2
60-90 min – Driver 3
90-120 min – Driver 4
120-150 min – Driver 1
150-180 min – Driver 2
180-210 min – Driver 3
210-240 min – Driver 4
No exceptions to this. Each segment can only be driven by the assigned driver. If a team’s car is down for repair during a segment, that driver may not make up the missed minutes later.
Each team must register their car prior to the event. The chassis will be marked. A team may use as many engines, electronics, parts etc. that are needed to finish the event but they must use and finish with the same car (chassis) they registered.* ((In case of broken chassis, a fresh replacement chassis can be registered and marked at tech.* Chassis must have no parts attached prior to tech inspection and marking.))
All fuel tanks will be teched prior to the race. Fuel tanks of the top 5 team will be teched following the finish of the race.* From end of race, each team in the top 5 has a maximum 20 minutes to pass tech, this is referred to as the cool down period. Failed post race tech will result in disqualification.
Each team will have an assigned cone on the track to marshal. That cone must be manned at all times, no exceptions.*At any time when a teams cone is unattended, no laps will be scored for the team.* Even during repairs, a team is still required to man their designated cone.*
Transponders:* Once everyone is successfully checked in, all transponder issues are the responsibility of the teams.* No hand counting of laps will occur.

If a team cuts the track, a 10 second stop and go penalty will be assessed. After 2 stop and go penalties have been assed to a team, the third incident results in a 5 minute stop and go. After that, the team will be disqualified.

Aggressive driving will be monitored closely and the following penalties will be in effect: 1st offense is a warning, 2nd offense will be a Stop and go, 3rd team offense will result in disqualification. (3 steps per team, not per driver) .

We’ve done so much club racing over the past few years and I’m really excited to have something different scheduled at times throughout 2013. Please call me if you’re on the fence about this one as I really really hope you make an effort to race this event and experience what some of us have before...

It’s really a whole new ballgame with this race, as the fastest team won’t always win. All I want to know is....................................

Who has Bill Mason on their team?

Call, Text, or Email me, to get your team registered!!

Kenny Brosh
Cell: 6024183846
Email: [email protected]

Kenny is truggy's allowed or just for buggy's ?