R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 05:22 AM
8ight-e
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DangerCow
I'm wondering if anyone has a good gear-diff set-up for loose-to-mid traction dirt?

I know I know...I should be running the ball diff (which I have), but I'd like to give the gear-diff a shot as our club moves from indoor carpet to outdoor dirt.

I run Calibers in the rear, ribs in the front, and have yet to configure the geometry.

I ran 1000cst in my diff for the whole of the 7 month indoor season (high-grip carpet), and I expect to initially try 2000cst outdoors but would love to hear ideas!

I will be doing the rear-shock mod, and may try RM4 as traction can be low at the start of the season (later on the track get "sealed" with some, I don't know, glue or something).

Thanks for your time thinking of this!
I never found a setup on a pretty high bite clay track that was faster than my RM3 so going outside only gets looser... RM3 is most likely going to be the fastest there as well w/ the dex210. IF you decide to still go with the RM get that revolution design 28g rear weight, that is your only hope for reasonable traction. That said your gear diff would have worked even better on the carpet with 5k oils.. 1-2k oils is best for outside loose stuff. Personally I run 5k on all mid to high bite indoor, and 2k for outside.